|09:30 – 17:30|
PRIVILEGES SYSTEM AND DISCOUNTS OF HIGHER PROFESSIONAL EDUCATION PROGRAM
In order to encourage the improvement of the University education quality, a system of free and discounted study and nominal scholarships has been introduced. At the University, nominal scholarships (such as Victor Hambardzumyan, Hovhannes Tumanyan) are awarded to students with excellent performance and to those, who are enrolled in socially active work.
Tuition discounts are set for:
After 2012, the education of Armenians immigrated from Syria, is organized free of charge in the first year.
In the first year, 20-30% discount is set for a second (third) student from the same family, studying for the same period and for single orphan students. 20-30% discount is maintained in the next year in case of high performance.
50% discount of tuition fee for orphan children, which maintains the same till the student’s 25 years.
The education of citizens of those countries that have recognized the Armenian Genocide for the first year of study is implemented with a 50% discount.
The education of citizens of Switzerland, Greece, Cyprus, Uruguay and Slovakia, that have recognized and condemned the Armenian Genocide, is free of charge for the first year of study at Northern University.
Northern University implements the organization of the foreign citizens education according to RA ministry of Education and Science 2017, 3 of March, N 224 order on granting the education implementation permission in foreign language /English/ for foreign students to Northern University LLC in the following specialties of Bachelor’s and Master’s Degree academic programs.
- Software Engineering
Matser’s Degree Academic program
Admission of foreign citizens is carried out in accordance with the established order of RA Government on admission of foreign citizens to RA higher educational institutions.
For additional information on tuition fee, admission deadlines and organization of education, the entrants may apply to Northern University Admission Commission or to the foreign citizens admission subdivision.
For students, admitted to the Northern University, studies can be organized in Armenian or English languages.
The education of citizens of those countries, which have recognized the Armenian Genocide, at Northern University the first year of studies is implemented on 50% discount.
The education of citizens of Switzerland, Greece, Cyprus, Uruguay and Slovakia, which have recognized and condemned the Armenian Genocide, at Northern University, the first year of studies is free of charge.
- The translation of a passport or birth certificate or a baptism certificate with a notarized copy.
- A copy of the final document on the degree of education (with grades) translated and notarized, and in the case of separate countries, with international ratification (apostille).
- Medical certificate about general health status. The certificate may also be provided by RA medical organizations,
- 6 photos (3x4 cm size),
- CV in Armenian, English or Russian.
- Completed application form (the entrant may complete it while submitting the documents or download it from RA Ministry of Foreign Affairs webpage).
- Application to the RA Minister of Education and Science (the entrant completes it while submitting the documents of RA Ministry of Education and Science).
- Visa information can be provided by visiting the website of RA Ministry of Foreign Affairs, by the following link: https://www.mfa.am/en/visa:
- Foreign students admitted to the Northern University, for getting residence permit in the Republic of Armenia, must apply to the University subdivision of foreign citizens admission, by presenting following documents:
- the translation of a passport or birth certificate or a baptism certificate with a notarized copy,
- medical certificate about general health status. The certificate may also be provided by RA medical organizations,
- 6 photos (3x4 cm size),
- application form (completed at University),
- copy of visa.
At Northern University Postgraduate professional education is implemented according to RA Law on Higher and Postgraduate Professional Education, procedure approved by the RA Government decision on Admission and Training of Postgraduate education, Formation of doctoral studies and PhD and according to the procedure approved by Northern University.
- Ը.00.03 "Finance, Accounting"
- Ժ.01.01 "Armenian Classical Literature"
- ԺԲ.00.04 "Judical Law"
At Northern University Postgraduate professional education is available for graduates of RA State and accredited by specialties (having institutional accreditation) Non-State Higher Educational Institutions, who has qualification of Master’s degree or specialist degree.
The full load of Postgraduate studies is equivalent to 180 ECTS- credits, which consists of two interconnected parts: educational and research.
The admission committee gives permission to entrant to take the exam in case of a certificate, approving the relevant points from a foreign language and fundamentals informatics and info-communication and (or) in case of reference, as well in case of a written positive review of the professional chair about the scientific paper relevant to the admission specialty or approved list of scientific works published in review journals.
Required minimum points obtained from any of the following foreign languages:
- English-''TOEFL'' (iBT) - 46 and ''IELTS''- 5.5 points.
- French-''TCF''- 200 points.
- German- ''on DaF'' - 60 points
Those entrants for whom English, French or German are professional subjects, pass exam from another foreign language.
The required minimum points from fundamentals of informatics and info-communication are 25 points.
The results of the professional examination are estimated according 20 (twenty) points grading scale. The examination is considered to be passed if the entrant has received at least thirteen points.
The questionnaire of the professional exam which includes the previous degree program material, at least one month before professional exam, is posted at place for announcements at the University and (or) is placed on the official website.
The supreme certifying commission of the republic of Armenia, in 2015 has involved Northern University in the list of the institutions that confirm the themes of the Dissertations on specialty Economics Ը.00.03 Finance and Accounting, and since 2017 January, has permitted to organize a commission at the university for taking the same specialty examination.
Postgraduate entrants, together with the application to Northern University’s Rector, present the following documents:
- Copies of Bachelor's and Master's or specialist degree diploma and their supplements (for those who have higher education in foreign countries, a document on their educational adequacy)
- Foreign Language and Fundamentals of Info-Communication subjects attestation Certification or a relevant reference to it(defined by the internal threshold, by score assessment)
- Copy of at least one scientific work (article) published in selected specialty or scientific paper, at least 20 printed pages
- CV and 3 photos (3x4 cm size).
- Reference on labor activity (extract from the employment record, if available).
The entrant presents a passport and a higher education diploma personally.
More detailed information on the order of Postgraduate professional education organization at Northern University can be found on our website – About us- Documents – Regulations.
*Ը.00.03 – includes Ը.00.03 - Finance, Money circulation and Credits, Ը.00.05 – Accounting and Statistics
**Judical Law - includes Litigation, Civil Litigation, Criminal Litigation, Criminalistics, Judicial expertise, Advocacy, Theory of operative-intelligence activity.
In Northern University, the admission for full-time/part-time Master’s Degree program is carried out according to the procedure approved by the RA Ministry of Education and Science (Rules for Admission to RA Higher Educational Institutions: Master’s Degree Programs) and Northern University Master’s degree admission order in the following specialties:
Northern University Master’s degree programs are available for graduates of RA State and accredited by specialties (having institutional accreditation) Non-State Higher Educational Institutions, who has qualification of bachelor or specialist degree.
The admission of full-time/part-time Master’s Degree academic program is organized at Northern University. Entrants, with basic professional education are admitted to Master's degree program by their specialty via interview. The other entrants, who are getting admitted on the basis of other specialties, pass the exams for their chosen specialty, from the same subjects, defined for bachelor’s degree final attestation, in the same volume.
Master's degree admission is carried out every year, in the period from May to September.
At the University, Master’s Degree program is organized on a paid basis.
In Master’s Degree program, for the first year of study for Northern University graduates is provided 20 % discount, and 50 % discount -for graduates, with excellence diploma.
The duration of Master’s Degree full-time academic program is 2 years, for part-time academic program- 2 years 6 months. All graduates are given a state diploma.
Master’s Degree academic program graduates final attestation, which is the check of graduate’s knowledge, abilities and skills, is carried out through the defense of the Master’s thesis. The procedure is implemented according to the RA Minister of Education and Science 2017, November 7, N 1282-N decree, approved in accordance to the order of final attestation procedure of graduates of institutions, implementing higher professional education programs in the Republic of Armenia.
THE LIST OF REQUIRED DOCUMENTS FOR ADMITTING HEI’S MASTER’S DEGREE PROGRAM
Entrants present following documents:
- Application to the University Rector (completed at the University),
- Identification document (passport or ID CARD, Military Identification, birth certificate, refugee identity certificate, special Armenian passport, special residency status (original ones)). In case of passport or birth certificate absence, temporary identity document issued by the Police of the Republic of Armenia,
- Bachelor’s Degree Diploma or specialist degree diploma,
- Diploma supplement,
- 4 photos (3x4 cm size).