|09:30 – 17:30|
Northern University Foreign Relations Department is one of the structural subdivisions, which in its activity is guided by the legislation of the Republic of Armenia, Northern University Charter, decisions of the Northern University administrative bodies, the Rector's orders. Foreign Relations Department’s main goal is to promote the University's integration into world scientific-educational processes and programs; formation, expansion and coordination of cooperation with the University and international academic institutions, foundations and international organizations in the field of international context.
The Department's current activity is carried out by the Head of the Department, who is assigned and fired by the Rector’s order.
- to organize negotiation processes with foreign educational institutions and research centers for signing contracts and agreements;
- to organize University participation activities in international round tables, conferences, seminars and discussions aimed at development of Foreign Relations department
- to support the process of organizing business trips for participation in conferences in foreign countries stemming from the University’s interest within the framework of international scientific-educational and exchange programs
- to provide information about Foreign Relations Department activities in the University website (Facebook page) and journal, as well as analysis and installation of information on Grant Programs
- to inform the University's subdivisions and students about international scientific-education programs, grants and applications for academic and scientific-educational scholarships offered by foreign universities
- to prepare the University's documentation for participation in new international grant programs and coordinate the implementation of already won grant projects’ ongoing works
- to provide the exchange of official documents and correspondence guaranteed by the head of the University’s relevant departments with the universities and research centers, which are parties to the international scientific-educational treaties.
Head of Foreign Relations Department
Senior Specialist of Foreign Relations Department
Phone: (+374 10) 559776
Northern University Public Relations Department provides information on University’s activities to external and internal stakeholders, carry out works on strengthening public relations and raising the University rating.
Department also implements following functions:
- publishes all the information concerning the university in the RA periodical press, online media, in the "Northern University" official journal and on ''northern.am’’ website.
- organizes advertising campaigns with various mass media, collects and analyzes university information, organizing further work on the basis of relevant analysis
- plans and controls the process of providing and sharing the information with mass media and other interested organizations.
- promotes the development of the University's printed means (brochures, information leaflets, official journal attachements, bulletins, etc.)
- makes videos about the University's activities, ensuring their dissemination.
- conducts regular surveys among stakeholders about the accessibility to the University’s information
Head of Department Gayane Hakobyan
Leading specialist of Department Arpine Aleksanyan
Phone: (+374 10) 554135
Northern University Human resources department is a structural subdivision, which in its activity is guided by the legislation of the Republic of Armenia, Northern University Charter, decisions of the Northern University administrative bodies, the Rector's orders.The Department's current activity is carried out by the Head of the Department, who is assigned and fired by the Rector’s order.
DEPARTMENT OBJECTIVES AND FUNCTIONS
Elaboration and implementation of the University human resources management and development strategy. Providing documentation for the administrative, academic, scientific, and service personnel (hereinafter referred to as employees).
- Provision of University HR activities’ management.
- Compilement of staff, scientific and scientific-pedagogical reports of the employers.
- Archiving personal files of dismissed employees.
- Preparation of staff recruitment, dismissal, transfer, vacation leave and other draft orders and submission for the Rector's approval.
- Compilement of employee personal files and providing confidentiality of personal data.
- Compilement of labour and civil law contracts and submission for the Rector's approval.
- Compilement of contracts with students on the principles of study, fixed annual fee, payment order, charging principles and terms at the University and submission for the Rector's approval.
- Preparation and provision of required references to employees (about years of experience, retirement formation, getting scientific degree, academic rank, child care leave and so on).
- Monthly submit e-reports on staff recruitment, dismissal, position change, unpaid leave and child care leave to the state tax authority.
- Submit a report on the University licensing activities to the licensing body of the Ministry of Education and Science of the Republic of Armenia.
- Annual statistical reporting compilement according to the positions, academic degree, academic rank, position status and submission the National Statistical Service of the Republic of Armenia.
- Submission of proposals on the University staffing policy improvement to the Rector.
Participation in the elaboration of the University organizational structure, staff list and internal legal acts related to the activities of the Department.
Northern University Accountancy Department is one of the structural subdivisions, which is guided by RA Legislation, legal acts, regulating accounting ( RA Law on Accounting, other laws concerning accounting, international accounting standards and other legal acts, regulating accounting). The Accountancy department organizes and administers the University's accounting activities and submits financial, tax, mandatory payments and statistical reports, calculations, declarations to the relevant authorities.
Northern University Scientific Research, Innovative Programs and Postgraduate Professional Education Center is an independent structural subdivision of the University.
The aim of the Center is:
- Strengthening the role of scientific work as an important component of the University's activity, activation of scientific-research and scientific-methodological work implemented at the University, increasing their quality and effectiveness,
- Discovering the scientific and intellectual potential of the University academic staff, students its rational and targeted use, active involvement of this potential in scientific research and scientific-methodological work, implemented at the University
- More active involvement of various departments and divisions of the university in the organization of scientific work implementation at the university
- Providing interconnection between scientific-research, scientific-methodological and academic programs, introduction of the practical results of researches in the educational process
The objectives of the Center are:
- Activation of the University's scientific-research activities, ensuring targeted management of that activity, enhancing the quality and effectiveness of scientific research,
- Development, discussion and approval of current (annual) and perspective programs of the University scientific-research and scientific- methodological activities, organization of their practical implementation,
- Direction and coordination of the University Chairs’ scientific-research and scientific-methodological activities,
- Coordinating scientific research work of the Chairs, strengthening their scientific cooperation, enhancing interdisciplinary connections, organizing joint research of important scientific issues, initiating and implementing interdisciplinary research,
- rapprochement and interconnection of educational and research activities,
- identification and use of ways to increase the effectiveness of scientific research work,
- enhancing the practical orientation of scientific research, the commercialization and marketing of the research results, the introduction of a fund-raising principle of science at the university,
- Increasing the socio-economic effectiveness of scientific research activities,
- Finding grant programs and research organization
- Establishment and deepening of scientific cooperation with colleagues from foreign universities, research centers and other organizations,
- Organization of creative discussions on the most important and urgent problems of international, republican and inter-university conferences, symposiums, round tables, science and practice at the University, registration of the active participation of university professors, post-graduate students and students
- organization of creative discussions on the most important and urgent issues of science and practice, organization of international, republican and inter-university conferences, symposiums, round tables as well, ensuring active participation of the University academic staff, post-graduate students and students,
- Exemplary implementation of postgraduate professional education, improvement of educational programs, modernization and enrichment of education content, increasing the quality and effectiveness of the provided educational services, strengthening international and national university relations in the field of post-graduate vocational education and development of cooperation.
The Alumni and Career Center is an independent structural subdivision of Northern University, the main aim of which is to contribute to the development of University students’ and graduates’ competitiveness in the labor market, to strengthen the permanent relationship and cooperation between the graduates and the University, and to regulate the links between the University and employers.
The Center's functions are following:
- Identification and analysis of strategic and organizational issues related to the employment of the University students and alumni, preparation and presentation of the relevant programs to the Rector of Northern University, and participation in the implementation of these programs as well,
- Organization of cooperation with public and private organizations dealing with employment issues in public and private sectors, as well as with various foundations, international donor institutions and with other organizations,
- Development of proposals, programs and implementation of relevant activities on voluntary work, trainings and other modern forms and means of obtaining experience,
- organization of various exhibitions (namely, "job fair", "career day" etc.), meetings with employers, organizations’ presentation, enterprises excursions mutual visits and other events
- Signing agreements and memorandums with potential employers, different organizations, ensuring their implementation,
- Organization of sociological surveys and other studies on the prior demands of the state, private, international and other employer organizations and on their development trends, prospects of labor market development, the demand of the students in the labor market, current professions and other employment-related issues among alumni and students,
- Presentations of reports and recommendations in accordance with the Rectorate and the Scientific Council of Northern University,
- Analysis of the information on the activities carried out by the faculties, chairs and other subdivisions of Northern University, as well as dealing with the center's issues, development of commonly-coordinated approaches and programs,
- Organization of meetings and roundtables for graduates and students, as well as alumni gatherings.
Head of the Alumni and Career Center
Tel:. ՝ (+374 10) 554862
The Quality Assurance Department is an independent structural subdivision of the University. The mission of the department is to support the University's quality assurance culture, introduction of a comprehensive quality management system, to provide oversight, assessment and improvement mechanisms for the implementation of strategic priorities of the university, and to promote quality improvement of professional education.
- Creation of prerequisites for passing to total quality assurance system, formation of local quality assurance structures at the University’s subdivisions/faculties, chairs/,
- Ensure the introduction and implementation of innovative technologies in quality management,
- Effective control of implementation of University mission and strategic purposes, continuous monitoring of ongoing processes, formation of mechanisms and tools of evaluation, establishment of improvement programs,
- Market-oriented PAP formation, their compliance with similar programs, student mobility, formation of effective mechanisms for monitoring and evaluating student mobility,
- Establishment of effective mechanisms of research and innovative programs development, evaluation and review.
- Creation of tools for development of external relations and internationalization and monitoring and evaluation processes,
- Providing accountability about the University activity
- Providing cooperation with external evaluation bodies
- Coordination of institutional and program self-evaluation works of the University, support to external assessment and accreditation processes.
Head of Department: Hakob Knajyan
Department Specialist:Yelena Aslibekyan
Tel.: (+374 10) 554056
Northern University Education Department is an independent structural subdivision.
The University Education Department includes:
a) Educational-methodological department
b) Internship Department
Issues and functions of the University Education Department:
- Study and analysis of normative documents and methodological guidelines of higher education
- Planning and organization of educational process in two-cycle system (full-time and part-time)
- Creating and developing curricula appropriate to new specialties and standards
- Organization of work on developing, approving , systematic upgrading and modernizing of subject syllabus taught at the University
- Assistance in defining the academic load and implementing lessons classification by the chairs
- Assistance in designing timetable of academic studies for each semester, which is done by deans
- Summary and analysis of examinations results during every semester
- Forming and supervising the schedule of students’ knowledge quality intermediate control
- Supervision of the University another branch and departments works, ensuring unified system
- Analysis of the level of educational-methodological literature of the educational process and presentation of the University management recommendation in that direction
- Ensuring continuous information on the activities of the University on its website
- Organizes the educational, industrial, and final internships of the University students in accordance with the "Regulation on Organizing Professional Practice of Students"
- Makes improvements in the internship programs of the taught specialties at the University, and regulates necessary documents.
Head of Department: Varujan Hovsepyan
Tel: (+374 10) 552139
Vice-Rector / Head of Pedagogy and Psychology Chair
1984-1989. Armenian State Pedagogical Institute after Kh. Abovyan, Chemistry Department of Biology faculty, received chemistry teacher, qualification of trainer-methodologist.
2000-2002 Candidate of Chair of Pedagogy at the Armenian State Pedagogical Institute after Kh.Abovyan.
Academic degree: Title:
Candidate of Pedagogical Sciences, Associate Professor
Dissertation topic - Armenian periodical press and the problem of family education in the second half of the 19th century.
00. 01 - "Theory and History of Pedagogy", 2004.
2008 Associate Professor.
From 1989 to 2012, Yerevan, school, chemistry teacher
2000-2013 Lecturer at the Chair of General Pedagogy, ASPU named after Kh.Abovyan
2012-2014 School Principal of Yerevan 17th. Secondary school after V. Hambardzumyan.
2015 - Head of Chair of Pedagogy and Psychology at Northern University
In 2017 - Vice-Rector on Education and Research Affair of Northern University.
Pedagogical Theory, Pedagogical Communication, Pedagogical Communication, Pedagogical Ethics, Educational Systems Management and Marketing, Social Pedagogy, Pedagogy Methodology, Higher Education Pedagogy, Social Pedagogy Theories of the 20th Century, Modern Pedagogical Theories of the 20th Century, Professional Orienteering Principles , School Administration, Higher Education Pedagogy, Pedagogical Research Methodology, ankavarzhakan axiology Principles Applied Pedagogy, Philosophy of Education
- Pedagogical abilities and pedagogical skills of the pre-emptor of the higher school, ʼʼVestnik MANEBʼʼ volume 4, out. 1, 2012.
- The Importance of Didactic Ability in the Teaching Process at the University, ʼʼMkhitar Goshʼʼ Scientific-Methodological Journal Social Sciences 2012 7-9.
- Ways to Complete Knowledge of High School Students. "Mkhitar Gosh" Scientific-Methodological Journal of Social Sciences 2012 7-9
- Difference between learning outcomes of ʼʼdevelopmentalʼʼ and ʼʼproductiveʼʼ, collection of scientific articles from the Northern University "Hyusisapayl", 2017.
- The necessity of military-patriotic education in the preservation of the Armenian type, in the context of the concept of ʼʼNation-armyʼʼ in the context of the ʼʼUniversity-army cooperation prioritieʼʼ international symposium Collection of 2017
Armenian, Russian, English.